Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas & New Years



Christmas for us was pretty good. The kids had a great one! They got some really great gifts. Among their favorites were a Thomas the Tank Engine train table (the off brand one), a fire truck that opens up to a micro machine track, a computer game and a fairy play house. I got a nice new haircut and a really cool food processer that I have been needing. Scott got some clothes and stuff to use on his cool grill he got for his birthday. My mom left town before Thanksgiving so she was not able to be here. Scott's parents visited us just before Christmas. My Mom-in-law and I went shopping and had a really nice time. Unfortunatly, I had to study for my NCLEX exam that I had scheduled for 12/29/08.




Ismene opening her fairy play house



Nathan & Isaiah opening Isaiah's aquadoodle thingy

Isaiah got his Iron Man car!!!!!


Nathan got his guitar!!!!


So on the 29th I made the long dreadful drive to Mobile, AL to take that awful test. I sat for 5 hours! I got some very difficult questions so I figured I was in the high level questions. That is good (or so I thought) because you have to get to a certain level of question and stay there to pass. Unfortunatly, I got online on 12/31/08 and paid the extra money to find out the results. For the second time, I failed. Very low blow for me. I am not used to failing. I took it really really hard. But, to my rescue came Scott's family.

On 12/31/08, Uncle Billy, Aunt Mary, and Meme came through Pensacola on their way back to Illinois. They took us out to eat at the Macaroni Grill (which is my new favorite restaurant to eat at). It was wonderful. I really did not want to eat and it took every ounce of energy I had to even smile. But as the dinner went on, it got easier. I was in good company and that helped so much. By the end of the meal, I wasn't even thinking of my awful results. They came to the house, we gave them some of our pictures and visited then they had to be on their way. Ismene went to sleep early (she is NOT a night person) and Scott, me, and the boys stayed up until midnight. We said Happy New Years! and hugged and kissed each other. Then we went to sleep. We were all very exhausted. I may not be having the best start for the year, but I am really hoping it will get better from here.


My grandmother called me 1/1/09 to make sure I was ok. She took it about as hard as I did finding out I failed....again. This isn't me. I don't know what the deal is. She gave me many encouraging words and is trying every way possible to think of ways to come up with money eventually to take the test again. For me, it is going to be a while. A few months or so. The way I feel right now, I just want to give up. But as my sweet friend Jennel said, it is my dream and it would be more devastating to not try again. So for now, I am taking a break. I am not going to study or think about it for a few weeks. Hopefully by then, I will have my inspiration back. That is about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment